Sunday, March 25, 2018

MFT Sketch Challenge 377

Hello everyone!
Today I will be featuring MFT's Watercolor Flowers stamp set.  I haven't done a challenge in a while and wanted to try this week's challenge.  When I saw the sketch I immediately thought of the stamp set.  I wanted to work with inks today rather than color.  I started by stamping the first layers of the flowers with Simon Says Stamp Inks in Sea Glass, Pale Blush Pink, and Lemon Chiffon.  The second layer I used Maliblue, Goldilocks, and Cotton Candy.  The last layer I used Audrey Blue, Sunshine, and Doll Pink.  I used my MISTI to stamp the layers just in case I needed to double stamp; also because I knew I wanted to use Rangers Holographic embossing powder to layer on top of the last layer of inks.  Once I stamped my layers I fussy cut the images.  I then used a piece of Canson XL watercolor paper to do a background.  I started by putting a layer of water onto the paper and using Distress Ink in Cracked Pistachio to pounce some color one, but it wasn't quite looking as I hoped, so I changed my method to the packing technique.  I used both Distress Inks and Distress Oxides in the colors Cracked Pistachio as well as Lucky Clover.  I also used Twisted Citron in Distress Oxide.  Once my smooching was done, I used the largest rectangle in MFT Stitch Rectangle Stax 1 to cut the panel.  For the sentiment I used the Springtime Blooms stamp set to heat emboss in white on black cardstock.  I popped the sentiment up as well as the two larger flowers.  I adhered the smaller flower to the watercolor panel.  The final touch was to add some Jewels.  I used strong adhesive to adhere the panel to the card base as it warped a bit when I water colored it.  I hope you like my card.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment