Sunday, March 18, 2018

Lawn Fawn: Beam Me Up (Scotty)

Hello Everyone!!!
I hope you have had a wonderful weekend.  I have been having so much fun with the new Lawn Fawn release this week.  Today I will be featuring one of the stamp set in this release called Beam Me Up.  I haven't done a galaxy background in some time, so I was excited to create one for this card.  I usually create pretty colorful galaxy backgrounds, but for this card I wanted it to be a bit darker.  I used Stitched Rectangle to die cut a panel that was 2 3/4in x 4 1/8in .  I then ink blended with Distress Oxide in the colors Faded Jeans and Black Soot.  I don't have Chipped Sapphie in the Oxides yet, so I decided that I would need to go a bit heavy with Faded Jeans on the top portion of the panel and faded out or lighten the pressure and ink amount towards the bottom.  I used Black Soot to add a bit of depth.  After I ink blended, I used a drop of acrylic paint in white and a drop of water to mix in with the paint to dilute it a bit so that I could flick the paint onto my panel.  I then took some perfect pearls in the color perfect pearl and added a drop of water to it to create a paint.  I flicked this onto the panel as well (the perfect pearl is beautiful when it hits the light). I then stamped the images I wanted to use on white cardstock with MFT's Extreme Black ink as I wanted to Copic Color my images.  I also stamped the light halo on some velleum using Versifine Onyx Black and embossed it with the new Lawn Fawn Glow in the Dark embossing powder.  I was super excited to try this embossing power.  I then heat embossed a sentiment with Simon Says clear embossing ink with Rangers White embossing powder on black cardstock.  I popped my galaxy panel using foam and multi-medium matt.  I also popped the spaceship and the monster it is carrying up.  I also popped up my sentiment.  I hope you like my card.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment