Sunday, April 1, 2018

Neat & Tangled: Be Bold!

Hello Everyone!
I hope you are having a lovely Easter weekend.  Its a bit cloudy today in So. Cal., with the sun coming in and out, but that is okay, it won't deter anyone from Easter egg hunting.  Today I will be featuring Neat & Tangles Big Bold Brew! I've been wanting this stamp set for a while and finally got a chance to purchase it.  I LOVE coffee, so coffee themed stamps sets are so much fun because I can relate.  Every morning I have a nice cup of joe to wake me up.  :)  The card is simple with the main image taking main stage.  I started by using Tim Holtz's Splatter Stencil to ink blend some Ground Espresso Distress Ink to the background.  I used post-it tape to cover areas of the stencil I did not want to use and moved it to the areas I wanted to use.  After I used MFT's Extreme Black Ink to stamp my images on white cardstock so that I could Copic color the images.  A change for me was coloring the boy with blond hair rather than a dark color hair, I usually gravitate to dark colors for hair colors.  The coffee cup is quite large so I used four shades of blue . After I colored the images, I fussy cut it out.  I used Versifine Onyx Black for the sentiment, which came from the same stamp set.  I popped my main images and adhered the hearts with glue.  I hope you like my card.  :)


Hair (YR24, YR 21, Y23, Y11)
Cup (B18, B16, B14, B12)
Coffee (E29, E17)
Skin (E21, E00, E000)
Pants (R24, R22)
Hearts (R89, R29, R24)
Shoes (C7, C5, C3)

1 comment:

  1. Love the coloring on your card. Nice pick for strawberry blond hair too! The coffee stains are fun too!

    ReplyDelete