Monday, March 12, 2018

My Favorite Things: Itty Bitty Bears

Hello everyone!
Today I will be featuring a stamp set by MFT called Bitty Bears.  These little bears are soooo cute I could not handle it.  I used this set a few months ago for my Christmas card series, but have not used it since and I thought that would be a shame not to utilize the cuteness.  I wanted to incorporate as many bears as I could into the card.  I first choose the color medium I wanted to use to color the images, which was Prismacolor Pencils.  I used craft cardstock to stamp the images I choose with MFT's Extreme Black Ink.  I used my MISTI to stamp them as I wanted to go back later to re-stamp the images.  When coloring with Prismacolor Pencils I noticed the waxy texture of the pencil tends to cover the lines.  The MISTI is such a great took to be able to re-stamp the images to get those lines back.  Once I colored my images I fussy cut them out and began to work on the background.  On another A2 panel white cardstock piece I die cut rows 3x3 of the 2nd to the largest inside/out circle die.  I then used that panel to help guide where I should ink blend my base piece.  I used Distress Inks in the colors Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonaid, Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon, Salty Ocean, Chipped Saphire, Seedless Preserves, and Wilted Violet.  At first I wanted to use my Distress rainbow background with the circle die cut panel, however my images seemed too dark for this bright piece, so I decided against it and re-thought my layout.  I then decided it would be better on a white cardstock panel as this made the images pop more.  I then used the Happy Duo Die-namics from MFT to die cut the work Happy.  I die cut 3 pieces with black cardstock and one piece of white cardstock.  I layered the black pieces together and put the white cardstock piece on top.  The black cardstock serve as a highlight so that it did not get lost on the white panel.  I popped the bears into 3x3 with the Happy sentiment in the 2nd row.  I then heat embossed the birthday sentiment from the stamp on on black cardstock with white embossing powder.

I still had my original panel and thought it a waste if I did not use it, so I decided to stamp the same Bitty Bears as my first card, but instead of using my Prismacolor pencils on Kraft I Copic colored the images on white cardstock.  I used my white gel pen to add highlights and also used my Spectrum Nior Glitter Pen to add some sparkle.  I then fussy cut the images.  I wanted to make sure the images fit on my rainbow background and circle panel so I laid the objects out.  I popped the circle die cute panel up and adhered my images.  I used a sentiment from the Bitty Bear stamp set which I stamped with Versifine Onyx Black ink.   Hope you like my cards!


No comments:

Post a Comment