Saturday, July 22, 2017

MFT Sketch Challenge 342

Hello everyone!
Today I am here with a card for this week's MFT Sketch Challenge.  I missed out on entering the last card into the challenge by a couple of hours, so I thought I'd try to make it this week.  :P  The sketch for the week is:

When I saw this sketch and rummaged through my MFT stamps I saw three stamp sets I could combine to create a double scene.  I had so much fun working on this card.  All the stamp sets I used were from the Birdie Brown line (love!).  The sets I used were Magical Unicorn, Magical Dragon, and Our Story.  I thought  the top section as setting a scene where we catch a glimpse into the little girl's mind envisioning herself as the character in the book she is reading, which of course is loving the pretty unicorn and her as a princess.  The bottom part is of course her reading and engulfed in this books dreaming it could come true.  

I started by using MFT's Stitch Scallop Basic Edge to die cut the top panel from heavy weight white and mint green cardstock.  I then used MFT's Grassy Hill to die cut the mint green cardstock to create a grassy boarder.  I used my MIST to ink up the images I wanted to use and stamped in on to heavy weight white cardstock with Simon Says Intense Black ink.  I used my MISTI because I knew I would need to stamp it a few times to get dark lines.  I also stamped the image of the little girl reading a book on some pattern paper as I wanted to paper piece the chair.  I Copic colored my images and fussy cut them as well as the chair that I stamped on pattern paper.  I then lined the pattern paper chair with black marker so the white spaces would not show.  I moved on to the distressing I would be doing for my panels.  I used Mowed Lawn distress ink to give a deeper color to the grassy hill boarder and also give some contrast.  I used the puffly cloud stencil to create a light cloudy scene at the top of my white Scallop Basic Stitched panel.  I then taped off the bottom of my main panel piece and used Hickory Smoke distress ink to create a ground for the little girl sitting on the chair. I used Hero Arts Stylish Boarder stencil with Abandon Coral Distress ink to create a wall paper look.  I then stamped a sentiment from the Magical Unicorn stamp set on black cardstock and used Simon Says Stamp Silver embossing powder.  I popped the Scallop Basic Stitched panel up on the card to create almost like a thought bubble as well as the sentiment. I finished off the card by using Spectrum Niors Shimmer pen on the Unicorn's main, horn, and the Princess's crown.  I used glossy accents for the horn and crown.  I hope you like what I created. :)



Click Image to be taken to the page I was featured in! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment