Thursday, July 6, 2017

My Favorite Things: Ewe Have My Heart

Hello everyone!
Today I will be featuring MFT's Ewe Are the Best stamp set.  I made this card last week, but it was going to someone special and I didn't want to post it till he received it.  :)  I had an idea of what I wanted to create with this card; some details were changed but I liked the outcome.  At first I was wanted there to be a circle image piece to the bottom left, but as I was conceptualizing it and looking about my supplies I remembered I had a heart die that would be perfect.  I cut a piece of scrap printer paper with the 3rd largest heart die by Gina Marie to create a mask.  Instead of using the heart I used the opening to distress onto my card base.  I used Tumbled Glass to create a light heart outline, then used my cloud stencils to distress some clouds.  Once I finished distressing my cloud I used my Radiating Rays stencil to create some sun rays at the top of the heart.  After, I stamped the images I wanted to use with Simon Says Intense Black ink, so that I could Copic color my images.   Once I finished coloring the images I fussy cut them out. For my main sheep image I wanted it to have more texture and I remember I had this paint pen that puffed up when heated, so I used this on for the sheep's coat.  I actually forgot how to use the pen and had to google directions, which somewhat guided me, however, I remember how to use the product once I started working it.  I remember there needed to be a good amount of liquid, so on a separate piece of paper I let some of the liquid drain out so that I could pick it up with the tip of the marker to put on my image.  So, the direction says to wait for the liquid to dry before you heat it, but really its best to heat it when its still wet; it puffs up more.  Also, work in layers.  Once you finish on layer of puff and you still want more puff, put on top of the first layer of puff and heat to create a fuller look.  I loved how it turned out, it look so much like fur.  I then used a scrap piece of white cardstock to die cut the bottom of the heart to use for a grass piece.  I used Lawn Fawn's meadow grass boarder to die cut grass from the bottom heart piece.  I distress the grass piess with Forest Moss, Mowed Lawn, and Twisted Citron.  I was able to line up this piece with the heart on my base because I had distress the heart earlier.  I glued my images down, popping the sheep up with foam. I used a sentiment from the stamp set and stamped it using my MISTI with Versafine Onyx black.  I finished the card by putting some clear sequins as embellishments.   I hope you like the card I created.


No comments:

Post a Comment