Tuesday, August 1, 2017

MFT Sketch Challenge 343

Hello everyone,
Today I will be featuring BB Space Explorer for MFT's sketch this week.  I am currently away from my craft room visiting my boyfriend in Northern California.  I brought some of my craft supplies, but very limited amount.  Don't you wish you could magically take all your craft supplies with you everywhere you go.  :P  While my boyfriend is at work I have some time to make a card! :)  I also wanted to create a card suing MFT's Sketch Challenge this week.  Here is a mock up of the sketch:

Since I do not have all my supplies, I took some creative liberties with the sketch today.  I brought some of my stencils and distress inks; thank goodness I did because I would have not been able to create much of anything since I do not have my die cutting machine here.  I started with cutting a 2.5x 5.5in  panel, which I will use as a substitute for the oval frame.  I used the cloud boarder stencil to create a multi-colored cloud background using distress inks in the colors Tumbled Glass, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, and Spice Marmalade.  I then stamped the image I wanted to use from the Space Explorer stamp set with Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink so that I could Copic color the image.  I then stamped a sentiment from BB's Up in the Air stamp set on  a strip of white cardstock using black ink.  I used a strip of red cardstock to underlay it with the white cardstock sentiment.  I then heat embossed another sentiment from the Space Explorer stamp set with white embossing powder on red cardstock and cut fishtails on the ends.  I laid the cloud panel and white cardstock sentiment together onto the card base.  I popped my main image as well as the red cardstock sentiment.  For the final touches I added some sequins around the panel.  I hope you like my card.  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment