Tuesday, July 18, 2017

MFT Sketch Challenge 341

Hello everyone!
Today I will be featuring MFT's Magical Unicorns.  I've hit a creative wall this past week and thought maybe a sketch would help inspire me to get my creativity going and I love MFT's sketch challenges, so I decided to pull inspiration from it.  The sketch for the week is:
When I saw the middle square, I thought of making a shaker card from it.  I used a colorful heart pattern paper from my stash and MFT's Scallop Basic Border 2 die to cut the edges.  I used heavy weight cardstock and my inside/outside stitched square dies to create a frame.  I then stamped the images I wanted to use from the stamp set onto heavy weight cardstock with Simon Says Intense Black in so that I could Copic color the image.  I then fussy cut my images. I used acetate to cover my square frame and popped it up with double foam tape so the sequins would share a bit more freely.  I used rainbow colors of sequins in 4mm, 5mm, and 10mm sizes.  I then heat embossed a sentiment from the stamp set on black cardstock with white embossing powder and cut fishtails at each end.   I placed the sentiment at the bottom of my square panel and glued on my copic colored images.  To finish the images off I used Spectrum Noir's Clear Sparkling Pen on my unicorn and rainbow.  I also put glossy accent on the horn of the Unicorn.  I hope you like my card.  :)
Edit: :( Sad times... I was 2 hours too late in entering the card for the Sketch challenge.  Oh well,I had fun creating the card :).

No comments:

Post a Comment