Friday, April 21, 2017

MFT Sketch Challenge 329

Hello Everyone!
Happy Friday.  :) I'm back with another card for the MFT Sketch Challenge for the week.  This is what the sketch looks like...

I have been feeling a bit under the weather and needed a bit of encouraging to get my crafty momentum going.  Sketches are the best for me to kick start some creative juices, plus they are a lot of fun to do.  

Yesterday, I started working on a cheat sheet chart for card sizes because I wanted to make a 4 bar size card, but forgot the measurements and what was the best way to cut a sheet of paper to conserve. I then decided it was time to make a document of the measurements and cuts of the card sizes for I use most on to put on both 8.5x11 and 12x12 sheets of paper to put on my wall for reference.  I was quite happy with how it turned out.  
I used this sheet as a guide to make my 4 bar size card for the MFT challenge.  

As usual, I had no idea what I wanted to do with the card, but look through my supplies and grabbed supplies that thought would work.  I particularly wanted to use a background stamp with a natural color paper; MFT's Burlap Background was perfect for this.  Since Spring is in full effect I wanted some florals and birds.  American Crafts Welcome Spring Pattern paper and MFT's Tweet on You seemed ideal for the card I was doing for.  There is a cut out sheet in the pattern paper pack that had great pieces I could use for the layout.  I Copic colored a tweet on you bird and had a few pieces that I colored with my Zigs a while back in my stash that I used for the lay out. The fishtail paper pieces i used came from one of the pattern paper in the Welcome Spring pack and another from a scrap I had from my Lawn Fawn Lets Polka in the Meadow 6x6 pack.  The birthday sentiment came from Wild Rose Studio Stamps.  Hope you like the card that I came up with.




No comments:

Post a Comment