Sunday, September 3, 2017

My Favorite Things & Honey Bee Stamps: Oceans of Love

Hello everyone!
Today I'm here to share a card using MFT's Mermazing Stamp set as well as Honey Bee Stamp's Ocean Builder Scene stencils.  I am in love with Honey Bee's stencil.  I love all the components to build a under the sea scene, which you can pick and choose from.  When I saw Nichol Magouirk using them in one of her videos I had to get it.  I created a similar under the sea theme for the bottom space of my card.

I first started by using Distress Ink in the colors Faded Jeans, Mermaid Lagoon, and Black Soot to create the ocean scene.  I masked the top 25% of the card with some paper so that I could create a moonlight night scene using Faded Jeans and Black Soot.  I die cut a circle from masking paper to create the moon; I kept the  negative to mask off the sky to distress the moon in Pumice Stone.  I used Mustard Seed and a scatter star stencil to create some starts.  I used Mermaid Lagoon with Honey Bee's Stencil to create some rays.  I tried using Simon Says white pigment ink to create some white shadow rays, but it wasn't working too well on the regular distress ink even when pouncing method.  I assume it does not layer too well with the dark colors.   Nichol Magouik used Distress Oxides in her video, but I do not have those yet (making me think hard about getting them).  I did my best to create some moon light shadow rays.  I used Black Soot to crate some coral with the stencils as well as some second generation stamping of fish from the stamp set.  I then used Simon Says Stamp Intense Black to stamp the images I wanted to use from the stamp set and Copic colored it.  The scene I create was inspired by Disney's, "The Little Mermaid" (picture below). I then stamped a sentiment from the stamp set with clear embossing ink on black cardstock and heat it with white embossing powder.  I hope you like the card I created.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment