Monday, September 4, 2017

MFT Sketch Challenge 348

Hello everyone!
Today, I will be featuring My Favorite Things Fall Friends stamp set for the MFT sketch challenge. Here is the layout for this sketch challenge.

I was in a kraft cardstock/Prismacolor Pencil mood, so that is what I went with.  As much as I love the outcome of coloring with colored pencils, I dislike having to re-outline my images with black because I am really bad at it.  I can not for the life of me trace; it usually ends up in mistakes.  However, I decided to use my MISTI to stamp my images on the kraft cardstock.  I outline the area I would be die cutting so that I knew my images would fit.  Then I used the three sides of the MISTI to place my stamps as I would be overlapping some images which is why I created some masks.  I left the stamps in my MISTI so that I could re-stamp them after I finished coloring them.
          

I also used the radiating rays stencil to distress some Wild Honey, Mustard Seed, and Squeezed Lemon Aid. I then die cut the image using the rounded rectangle die and back it with black cardstock so there would be a border.  I used my We R Crop-a-Dile to round the edges of the black cardstock.  for the bottom panel I used MFT's Fine Chevron Background stamp to create a pattern paper, which i cut down to fit the lower 1/4 of the card.  I then used a sentiment from the Fall Friends stamp set to heat emboss in white embossing powder on black cardstock and created fish tails on both ends.  I popped my main image panel up with foam tape and double up the foam tape for my sentiment.  To finish the card I used some orange and iridescent yellow sequins.  Hope you like my card. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment