Saturday, September 16, 2017

My Favorite Things: A Halloween Hello

Hello everyone!
I hope the week has treated you well and that the beginning of the weekend brings you joy! I know the weekend brings me much joy.  Today I will be featuring MFT's Witch Way is the Candy? stamp set.  The set I have is the older stamp set that has been retired.  They recently re-release an updated version of the stamp set with more sentiments.  So, I am late on the Distress Oxide train.... I own all the Distress Inks in the mini form, thus did not think I would need to get them in the oxide version.  Boy was I wrong.  As I kept seeing them in use on cards on social media, it made me want to try them out.  I found an etsy shop that was selling both the first set and second set of inks.  The reason why I chose this shop is because all the proceeds from her sales go towards charities; isn't that awesome!  Here is a link to her store: Only One Life Creations.  I had a lot of fun playing with the Oxides and can't wait to experiment more with them.

I first started by using my Cricut to cut out the components to a haunted house SVG that I bought from Miss Kate Cuttables on heavy weight white cardstock. I cut them in white because I knew I wanted to use my Distress Oxide to ink blend them in with color.  I used Wilted Violet, Twisted Citron, and Black Soot in the Oxide as well as Ripe Persimmon and  Wild Honey in Distress Ink.    The reason why I did those two colors in the ink form is because I wanted it to be a bit more vibrant for the light effect in the windows.  I glued all the pieces together and spritzed it with some water to create the oxide effect.  I then die cut the curved scallop with MFT's Scallop Basic Edge 2 die and used Lawn Fawn Meadow Border for a grass panel on white cardstock as well.  I used Distress Oxide in Vintage Photo and Frayed Burlap for the Scallop piece and Peeled Paint and Cracked Pistachio for the grass piece. I spritzs some water onto the brown panel to distress it a bit.  For the night sky, I used masking paper to cut die cut a circle (the moon) and place it on my panel so I could Distress the rest of the sky.  I used Faded Jeans and Black Soot Oxide inks.  Once I distressed the sky I misted it with water and let it dry.  I then water down some white acrylic paint to splatter onto the background.  I also water down some Pearl acrylic paint to splatter; loved how this looked on the background. It made the splatter look like twinkling stars.  Once I finished splattering I took the mask off and went over the edges of the moon with a water pen so the edges did not look too harsh.  I put down my brown dirt panel then my grass. I put the haunted house on top of the scallop panel and popped up my girl image.  I double popped my sentiment which I white heat embossed on black cardstock.  I glued some of the bat images down and popped up two.  I finished the card by adding Spectrum Noir's Sparkling Clear Glitter on the dress and bats.  Hope you like my card.


2 comments: