Saturday, August 26, 2017

My Favorite Things: Little Mermaid

Hello Everyone!
I am here with a card I created last week. I just realize I did not do a blog post for a card I made and posted on Instagram.  The card was inspired by the Disney movie, "The Little Mermaid".  I created a scene from the movie where Arial is on a rock looking out to Eric and his dog Max.  I used a few MFT stamp sets including, Our Story, Mermazing, and Lucky Dog.  I started by stamping my images onto white cardstock. I wanted the Mermaid to be in the opposite direction of what it stamped out so I mirror stamped the image by using my MISTI and a solid stamp.  The image was not as black as I wanted to be, but I would be outlining it again after I copic colored the image.  Once the images were colored I used the Beach Scene Dienamics to cut out an ocean piece in white cardstock.  I used distress ink in Mermaid Lagoon to ink blend the ocean piece.  I then used Scattered Straw for the sand and Vintage Photo for the cliff rocks.  I also used my Copic markers to draw in lines to emulate the rocks.  I then used a sentiment from Our Story to heat emboss on black cardstock with white embossing powder.  I popped the ocean panel up onto the card as well as the sentiment. I thought there was something missing from the sand, so I used my Copic maker to dot some areas of the sand to make it more textured.  I hope you like my finished card.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment