Saturday, June 3, 2017

Paper Smooches & Mama Elephant: Happy Mail

Hello everyone!
I'm here with another card combining stamp sets by Paper Smooches, Mama Elephant, and Simon Says Stamp.  I used Paper Smooches' Itty Bitty, Mama Elephant's Happy Mail, and Simon Says Stamp's Happy Mail stamp sets.  When I started this card I knew I wanted to use Mama Elephant's stamp set; at first I thought about doing a watercolor background, but in the mist of laying out my design and grabbing some stamp sets I wanted to use the design changed.  I am also a bit intimidated by water coloring as I am not that good at it.  Once I saw the Itty Bitty stamp set I knew I wanted to make a scene for the card.  I stamped with Simon Says Intense Black Ink and Copic colored the images.  I then fussy cut the images to lay out on my card so I could figure out where the areas I wanted to distress.  I used post it note and scratch paper to cover the areas I did not want to get inking.  For the grassy area I used Mowed Lawn/Twisted Citron, the Sky I used Salty Ocean/Tumbled Glass, and the pavement/driveway I used Pumice Stone/Hickory Smoke.  When I finished distressing my areas I then stamped my sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp set on black card stock with embossing ink and heat set it with Rangers Fine Detail White embossing powder.  I fussy cut the sentiment.  I then glued my images onto the card and popped up the panda and mailbox.  I used my Spectrum Noir glitter pen in clear to put some sparkly goodness on the mail.  Hope you like my card. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment