Sunday, June 11, 2017

Mama Elephant: Happy Happy Birthday!

Hello everyone!
Today I will be featuring a few Mama Elephant stamp sets, which include Party Animal, Lunar Animals, and Little Dog Agenda.  I wanted to re-create a card I had made a few weeks earlier with a few little tweeks, a big one being the scene would be placed inside the card as a pop up.  I do not own any pop up dies so I had to improvise and experiment a bit.  I know the traditional pop up involves quite a bit of layers of card stock to create the pop up element.  I figured there has to be another way to making a pop up without all the layers of card stock so I played around with making tiny open ended rectangular boxes to hold up the card and how I could position them to flatten and pop up.  I did this but cutting up four 3 x 1 strip of light weight card stock and scoring/folding the strip every 1/2 an inch.  I then folded the end flaps towards the center and flipped to adhered to the inside of my card aligning the middle score with the crease of the card stock.  I did the for the two corners of my first and second layer of the pop up.  I constructed one out of scrap card stock as an example piece.

Once I had the structure of the pop up thought out and organized, I was able to start on the elements of my card.  I used a hillside boarder and grassy boarder die to cut out elements of my pop up in white card stock.  I then used distress inks in Pine Needle, Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn, and Twisted Citron to ink blend the hill and grass pieces.  I then stamped out quite a few critters and elements for the card using my MISTI.  I Copic colored the images and fussy cut them out.  Once my elements were complete I was able to start putting together the pop up.  When I was done putting everything together I realized the outside of the card seemed a bit plain as I had not decided weather I wanted to do anything with it.  I had some quite a few colored critters left over so I thought I could do a simple front of the card.  I then realized the card was a bit bulky from the pop up so I made a band out of pattern paper to enclose the card with a heat embossed sentiment.   I hope you like my card. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment