Sunday, June 4, 2017

MarkerPop Challenge 122: Seashells by the Seashore

Hello everyone!
I am super exited about this one because MarkerPop asked me to be a Guest Designer for this bi-weekly challenge! Thank you MarkerPop for allowing me this opportunity.  If you would like to get more details on this challenge go to their blog here.  This bi-weekly challenge is a color challenge using a color pallet with the theme of Sea Shell by the Sea Shore. You have to use a minimum of 3 of the colors on the pallet.

When I saw the pallet and theme I knew I wanted to do a beach themed card.  I do not have much shell, beach, or ocean themed stamp sets, but I improvised and experimented.  I went through my stamp sets picked ones that would work; MFT's Hog Heaven, Up in the Air, and Adorable Elephants as well as Mama Elephant's Little Agenda Dog.  I knew I would have to alter the main stamp images a bit to make it more of a beach theme. I used a scratch paper to plan out my lay out, where I wanted the sandy shore and ocean as well as my images. When I had my layout sketch out, I was worried that there was a lot of empty space.  I had to figure out a way to make sure the ocean would stand out as to not draw to the empty space.  

I used my MISTI to stamp my images onto my card stock and made masks for the images as I wanted to distress my background.  I used my sketch sheet as masks for my ocean, sandy shore, and sky. First masked the ocean so that I could work on the sandy shore by using distress inks (Old Paper and Frayed Burlap).  Then I maksed the Sandy Shore and sky so that I could work on the ocean using distress inks (Seedless Preserve, Blueprint Sketch, Broken China, and Cracked Pistachio).  For the sky, I used Tumbled Glass and a stencil I made from Lawn Fawn's Puffy cloud boarder to create a cloudy sky.  I then used MFT's Radiating Rays stencil with distress inks (Squeezed Lemonaid and Mustard Seed) to create some sun shine in the sky.  

Once all my distressing was done I pulled all the masks off my images.  I thought my images could be a bit more beachy, so I sketched on some swim ware for my critters and used my Copic multi-liner to outline my sketch as the pen is Copic friendly and will not smudge when I color the images in.  I Copic colored the images and put a bit more detail on the sand.  I used MFT's Adorable Elephants for the sentiment, which I stamped with Versifine Onyx Black and Heat set with clear ink.  Hope you like my card.  And Thank You again Markerpop for putting on such great challenges and allowing me to Guest Design for this Challenge.

Also, MarkerPop is having a great summer giveaway for Challenge #122 & #123 (which are the challenges for the month of June.  To Play/Enter for the giveaway package, go like their FB & IG pages and share the information about this giveaway with your project to your Social Media account with the hashtag #mpsummerfun.  The prize package is: Penny Black Summer Fun Paper Pad, Avery Elle’s Cool Treats Stamp Set, Sunny Studios Perfect Popsicle Set and Distress Oxide Inks in Worn Lipstick and Broken China.  Such a great package!

No comments:

Post a Comment