Thursday, June 15, 2017

My Favorite Things: Owen's 1st Birthday

Hello everyone!
Today, I will be featuring MFT's Beary Special Birthday.  My brother asked me to make a card for his friend son's 1st birthday.  I have been having a lot of fun with pop up cards, so I decided to make another pop-up card using the method I showed in the previous post.  First I stamped my images with Simon Says Intense Black ink which is Copic friendly as I wanted to use my Copics to color the images.  I then created my pop-up tabs for each of my images.  I distressed inked the inside background with Salty Ocean and Tumbled Glass.  After which I water down some distress colors that were close to the colors I colored the images to splatter onto the background.  For the front of the card, I decided to keep it fairly simple by cutting out "OWEN" and distressing it with Candy Apple in an ombre style.  I also die cut a few balloons and distressed them with Mustard Seed, Abandoned Coral, and Shaded Lilac.  I used one of the balloons for the front on my card with the number 1 distressed in Salty Ocean along with an image I colored.  The other two balloon I used for the inside of the card and drew some strings.  I hope you like the card I created.


No comments:

Post a Comment