Wednesday, June 28, 2017

My Favorite Things: Tweet Wishes

Hello everyone!
I totally forgot to do a blog post for the card I posted on my Instagram yesterday, so here it is.  :)  I will be featuring MFT's Tweet Wishes.  I recently received a wonderful gift from my boyfriend that I am beyond grateful for.  I have been wanting to try my hand at color pencils because of all the beautiful cards crafty guru's like Nicole Spohr and Sandy Allnock have been making with them.  I received a large package of Prismacolor Pencils in the mail last week and wanted to create a card using them.  From what I gather the color payoff is most present on craft card stock; luckily I had one piece of 4.25 x 5.5 in my stash, which means I will be adding craft card stock to my list of supplies I need to purchase.  This card was definitely not planned out, I was working at what I wanted to do as I was making the card.  I used my MISTI to stamp two images from the Tweet Wishes stamp set; I also made a mask for the owl because I wanted the tree behind it.  I used various colors of blue, yellow, green, and browns to color the images.  I had no idea where to start with the colors because I have not made swatches for all the colors I have (I still need to do this).   I looked up on google which shades would blend well with each other.  Once I was done I used MFT's Scallops Basic Edge dies to cut the edge of the craft cardstock as well as another edge from white cardstock. .  I used a pattern paper from my stash that seemed to go with the geometric shape of the owl I used.  I popped up my image panel with fun foam.  I used one of the sentiment from the set and stamped it with Versafine Onyx Black.  I hope you like my simple card.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment