Sunday, June 26, 2016

Ham it up...

Hello everyone!!!!
I am really loving the hog heaven stamp set right now and have been getting a lot of inspiration from the crafting blogs and YouTube videos I subscribe to.  It's been so much fun playing with all my crafting supplies.  Anywho, I'm not sure if you notice but I love creating scene cards particularly sunny outdoor scene cards :P.  Maybe the sunny Southern California weather is getting me in the mood.  :) I finished this card in a jiffy because I sorta had something in mind for it.  I usually don't have a layout in mind which makes the process take a lot longer.  Most times I just want to craft and go along for the ride; gets a bit messy though.  I am a bit short on birthday cards so I wanted to make it a birthday themed.  When I saw the wooden door I knew I would be able to use my mama elephant fence die (been wanting to use it but haven't had a chance).  I used the negative for the fence die as a guide for my distressing boarder from the sky to the grass area; seemed to work out well.  I've been using distress inks a lot for my background lately because I am really bad at picking out pattern papers :/, probably why I do a lot of Scene cards instead of sketches :P.   I used Gina Marie Design dies for the scalloped rectangle and clouds.  I am really loving her dies!  And she has the best customer service.  :) So during my card making process, I almost made a very big boo bo when putting my sentiment on.  I had already adhered most of my elements down when I realized I needed to put on my sentiment.  I used wet glue instead of my tape runner adhesive so there was not way I was going to get it off without ruin the elements :(.   Let's just say when I put my sentiment on there was a nice gap in the middle where it didn't stamps. If I had the misti that probably wouldn't have happened.  I almost trashed it until I realized I have a inkadinkado stamp positioner.  I didn't get it right on the dot but it was good enough where I didn't have to throw it away.  Anywho, hope you like my card...


No comments:

Post a Comment