Saturday, August 5, 2017

MFT Sketch Challenge 344

Hello everyone!
I'm still away from my craft room but still wanting to create!   I can't believe I forgot my black cardstock :(.  I usually bring at least one piece of black cardstock for my sentiments.  Luckily I had a scrap of red cardstock in my folder.  I didn't bring many inks to make my own colored cardstock either but you work with you got, right?   I've been wanting to practice my watercoloring so I decided to dust off my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers for this card.   First, I went to MFT's blog to see what the Sketch is for the week.  Here is the mock up:

I will be featuring MFT's BB Happy Hedgehogs for today's card.  I had an idea of what I wanted to do heading into the project.  I stamped all the small hedghog images on Strathmore watercolor paper flipping and turning the images.  I wanted to create a pattern paper like panel utilizing the images.  After the hedgehogs were stamped I used the smaller leaf and nut images to fill in the gaps.  I then watercolored the panel with my ziggies.   I wanted there to be a variation in skin tone so the panel didn't look too boring.  :P It was looking really brown until I colored the leaves and background in.  I water down a light blue color for the background.  Once the panel was completed I used a bowl (yup a bowl) to trace a curve at the bottom of the panel sit that I could cut it out.  I then used some red cardstock to cover the bottom portion of my card base and to heat emboss a sentiment.  I used some velum to layer under the sentiment piece because I did not want to cover my pattern paper panel up too much.  I popped the panel up on the card base and then popped my sentiment piece up on the panel.  I hope you like my card :)


3 comments:

  1. your coloring is amazing!! super cute card!! (so clever to use a bowl to help make your curved bottom!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments Rosemary and Sara! They made my day.

    ReplyDelete