Saturday, August 12, 2017

Mama Elephant & My Favorite Things: Bright and Sun Shining Day

Hello everyone!
Happy weekend.  :)  Today I will be featuring two stamp sets by two different stamp companies: Mama Elephant's Carried Away and My Favorite Thing's Up in the Air.  This card is another one layered wonder scene card.  I started out by laying/stamping out my idea on a scrap piece of printer paper so I could get an idea of what images I should stamp first.  As I do not have my boarder dies, I freehand sketch a hill boarder on my scrap paper so that I could it cut out later as a masking piece.

Once I was satisfied with where I wanted everything to be placed, I stamped my images on an A2 panel piece.  I created masks for images I did not have masks for.  My Up in the Air stamp set had plenty of masks to work with so I did not have to make many masks.  Once all my images were stamped out and masked I was ready to create the hill and sky.  I used the scrap sketch and cut the hill off to use as a mask for the hill section and sky section.  I used Distress Inks in the colors Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron for my hill masking off the sky section.  Once my hill was complete I used the other side of the paper to mask off the hill so that I could work on the sky.  I used Distress Ink color Salty Ocean to create a light blend at the bottom of the sky then I used my cloud stencils to create a cloudy sky with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  Once I was done with the clouds I used the Radiating Rays stencil to create a bright sun using Squeezed Lemon-aid and Mustard Seed Distress Inks.  I then unmasked all my images to Copic color them in.  The stark contrast between the distressed background and uncolored images always gets me.  I usually hesitate at this point on weather the card is looking okay to continue, but I almost always try to persevere and finish the card.  The final touches to the card once I Copic colored the images is to put some Sparkling Clear Spectrum Noir Glitter Pen on the son, hot air balloon, and trees. 



No comments:

Post a Comment