Saturday, April 7, 2018

Mama Elephant: Congraulations

Hello everyone!
Today I will be featuring Mama Elephant's Tiny Ninjas.  I created this card for my boyfriend who received a promotion at his job.  First I used my MISTI to stamp the images I wanted to use with MFT's Extreme Black ink.  I used my MISTI because the images are for the most part solid and did want to chance not having a good impression; the MISTI would allow double stamping if it did not come out right the first time.  After I stamped the images I Copic colored the belts.  I then used an embossing folder by Darice called Bricked Wall on and A2 size white cardstock panel.  I then used the largest die from MFT's Stitched Rectangle Stax 1 to die cut the embossed background.  I also made a frame using the largest and second largest rectangle from the same Stax set.  I also used the largest Stitched Rectangle die cut a piece of acetate, which I embossed with a sentiment from the stamp set. Once I die cut the panel and frams ink blended with Distress Oxide in Black Soot both the frame and embossed panel.  I darkened some areas so it look a bit more dirty. I adhered the acetate to the frame panel.  I adhered the embossed panel to my card base then used one layer of 3M foam tape cut down to the width of the Frame piece  I then used black thread and taped them to the top of my images.  I also used nylon and taped them to the bottom of my images, so that it stabilized them (I also used nylon because it is for the most part invisible).  I then pulled the sting and nylon leaving a big of room for the image to move and stuck them down to the foam tape frame.  After I my images were set I put some sequins in to shake around and then put the frame on top of the foam tape.  I hope you like my card!


No comments:

Post a Comment