Sunday, April 22, 2018

My Favorite Things: Bubble Kisses

Hello everyone!
Today I will be featuring MFT's Bubble over with Joy stamp set.  I was in the mood to play and experiment and remembered a technique that Jennifer McGuire featured in one her videos with Distress Oxides and Alcohol Ink Paper.  I just recently invested in some Alcohol inks (still need to get some YUPO) and do not necessarily like how they react on the alcohol ink paper, so I decided to try this idea from Jennifer McGuire with Distress Oxides and Micro Glaze.  I thought the effect was so cool, especially because you can each layer you put on top of each other.  At first I wanted to paint on the oxides and actually preped for this by taping my cardstock to a clip board, but when I started to add color to the paper I did not like the effect too much, so I decided on the smooshing method.  I have a glass desk so it make it a bit easier to smoosh the inks on my desk to spray water on.  I used the colors Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade and Picked Raspberry.  I smooshed the cardstock onto the water down colors and heat dried it; I repeated this process and added more ink on my glass to deepen some areas.  I also create splatters for each color because I wanted some distinct dots of color.  After I was satisfied with the coverage I stopped smooching.  At this point my cardstock panel was a hot mess and was doubting the project, but I persevered; it didn't help that my hands were getting super chalky from the ink on the paper.  I then used a blending tool with a new foam top to Micro Glaze it.  I had never used Micro Glaze prior to this, it is a jelly like substance, a bit oily in texture almost like Vaseline.  I put dip a little bit and began to rub/blend it onto my Oxide panel piece.  I realized I need a bit more for coverage (I wasn't sure how much to use, but a good swirl in the jar was what it needed.  Once I put the Glaze on it was like magic, all the Oxide colors popped and I could see the layers I smooshed onto the panel.  I was sooo happy it with how it turned out.

Once I was done the panel, I used MFT's Stitched Rectangle Stax (largest size) to die cut the panel.  It was a big warped from the water at this point, but running it through my Big Shot help flatten it a bit.  I then stamped out the images I wanted to use with MFT's Extreme Black Ink on heavy weight cardstock so that I could Copic Color the image. I then fussy cut the images.  I used a sentiment from the stamp set.  I heat embossed it in white embossing power on red cardstock and popped it up on my Oxide panel.  I adhered my images popping up tthe bunny blowing the bubble.  I also used fun foam to back my Oxide panel so it was more stable and adhered it onto my card base.  For some finishing touches I added some Jewels.  I hope you like my card.



Copic Colors
Bunny Complexion
E 53, 51, 50
R20
Dress
BV 04, 02 00
B 04, 02, 00
Bubbles
BG 01, 000, 0000

Oxide Colors
Candy Apple
Spiced Marmalade
Picked Rasberry

No comments:

Post a Comment