Sunday, November 5, 2017

Christmas is coming! Mini & A-2 Cards featuring Lawn Fawn, My Favorite Things, & Mama Elephant

Hello everyone!
Today I will be featuring quite a few cards most of them are mini cards that are 4.25x2.75in.  Every year I make mini cards for my co-workers at work, usually teachers and staff within my department or work with  closely.  I also make a few for my sister whom gives out gifts for teachers and staff that help with her daughter and son's education.   This year I have about 20-25 mini cards to create and about 10-15 regular A-2 sized cards.  I try to make each one unique, however, with a few more cards this year, I want to see how much I can get done before I start replicating designs.  I have so much fun creating these cards every year.  I usually start creating in October so that I could get them done in time, so from October-December the cards I make are usually Holiday Cards. 

This year I used a combination of a few dies from various companies: Gina Marie Stitch Scallop, MFT's Stitched Rounded Rectangle, Inside/Out Stitched Rectangle, Birch Tree, and Stitched Scallop  Boarder 1 and 2, Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Boarder, Mountain Boarder, Tree Boarder and House Boarder dies.  These dies are perfect for winter scenes.  I also used quite a few Stencils to create drifts and snow.  Of course I have to use my distress inks and oxides to add color and dimension to the scene.  A new product to me this year is texture paste and boy am I loving it.  Here are a few cards I have made so far.  Hope you like it.  

I created a full A-2 pop-up version of a mini card I made on the right.  I used my pop up card method that I previously blogged about here.

Here is a close up of the mini card.  I popped up the penguin and lamp.  I used MFT's Drift Stencil to create a bit on dimension. I am loving the Copic combination for Tree's this year (YG 99 & YG 95 with tip to tip method for a smoother transition).

The front of the pop-up card.  I created a band out of 12x12 Christmas Pattern Paper, which is the perfect length.  I cut the pattern paper to 12x1.5in to wrap around the card.  

Inside of the pop up card using various Lawn Fawn Dies.  I used distress oxides in Salty Ocean and splattered with pearl paint and white paint from my Kuretake Gansai Tambi Pallet.

Close up of the pop up.  I wanted to put a song note for the penguins, however did not want it to look out of place in the background.  I used a small piece of transparency to adheare to the Penguin so it looks like its floating.


The mini MFT cards I made.  I tried to keep these a bit simple and used Scallop boarders to create snow drifts as well as a stencil.  I used the Birch Tree die-namics to create a scene and used Pumice Stone Distress ink to create dimension.  I used Oxide colors for the bottom card with Peacock Feathers, Seedless Preserve and Faded Jeans.  I used distress inks in Shaded Lilac and Blue Print Sketch for the polar bear.  I used Tumbled Glass Distress ink for the Hedgehog.



PS: If you would like more up to date look at my cards click on my Instagram link on the side.  I am going to try blog all my cards, but it may take some time because of the quantity of cards I have to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment