Friday, November 10, 2017

My Favorite Things: Spoil You Rotten

Hello everyone!
I hope you are doing well.  I'm going to try to update my blog in the next couple of days of the holiday cards/tags that I have created thus far  I am a bit behind (sooooo sorry).  Its been really busy with family activities since the holiday season in full force.  Today, I will be featuring a card I created in November and was spotted by MFT's blog; click here if you would like to see the post on the MFT's website.  I had so much fun creating this card because it was my first time using texture paste.

The card I created was for the most part a one layered card with a bit of dimension from the texture paste.  I first laid out where I wanted my stamped images to be place.  I used MFT's BB Santa's Elves stamp set as well as BB Jingle All the Way.  Only one new mask was cut for the stack of presents next to the main character image because I already had masks made from previous cards.   All the images were masked off.  The Drifts & Hills stencil from MFT was used to ink blend in Tumbled Glass Distress Ink a snow drift scent.  I then used Salt Ocean and Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink  to ink blend the sky.  Once the background was completed I took off the masks (and saved them on the stamps set to use for future cards).  I then colored the images with Copic markers.  I used a sentiment from the Santa's Elves to heat emboss in Rangers fine detail white embossing powder.  I then used Rangers Texture Paste with Simon Says Stamp Falling Snow Stencil to create a snow falling into the scene.  I quickly cleaned the stencil in warm water, as I hear that once the texture paste is solid it would be too difficult to get it off the stencil.  It took about 30 mins for the texture paste to dry.  I hope you like the card I created.


No comments:

Post a Comment