Monday, March 14, 2016

Home Sweet Home

My co-worker asked if I could make a card for her for a housewarming she has in a couple of weeks.  I was happy to create a card.  I asked her a couple questions before I got the idea in my head.  She told me her friend was younger and it was his first house, so quickly the idea of a bachelors pad and bbqing in the yard came to mind.  I think it came out well.  I've been toying with inks and paper piecing and combining them.  I saw on Amy R's YouTube how she inked cloud shapes onto white card stock to make her background.  I thought that would be a great idea for the background of my card.  I don't have a die cutting machine or dies so I improvised by creating my own cloud stencil with my cricut.  I welded overlapping circles to create a big cloud. I used the same technique as Amy R.  with my stencil.  I think it came out nice.  Here is my card :)

No comments:

Post a Comment