Sunday, January 28, 2018

My Favorite Things:I Vike You Very Much

Hello everyone!
I totally forgot to write a blog post for a card I made last week! I don't know how that slipped by.  I recently purchased MFT's Extreme Black ink as well as BB's Viking mini stamp.  I have been shopping around for an alcohol maker black ink as my Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink is starting to loose its ink coverage :(.  I can still use it, however, I have to use my MISTI to stamp it a few times to get a good coverage.  Sad times, but its about that time, I've had the ink pad for about two years and its my go to ink for pretty much any stamping I do.  I hope that Simon Says Stamp will one day put out an ink refill for the Intense Black ink.  The pad in itself is still awesome, just need more ink.  It was good timing because I saw on the MFT youtube channel they were coming out with a very black ink and I was super excited about that because I love when my images are bold.   So far I'm loving the coverage and how black it is!

Anywho, I digress.... :) For this card I am featuring BB's Viking mini stamp set and Magical Dragons stamp set.  I was googling over the Vikings when I saw the MFT's countdown and was excited to get it.  I wanted to do something a bit more simple.  I used the Falling Hearts Stencil by Simon Says Stamp to create my background.  I mixed Distress Ink in Candy Apple and some Rangers Texture Paste to create some texture for the heart background.  When working with texture paste, clean off your surface and any tools used (stencil, spatula) right away or it will dry up  and may not come off.    I then set the background aside to dry while I stamped with MFT's Extreme Black ink and Copic colored the images I decided to use.  I was inspired by the characters Stoick and Skullcrusher in the movie, How to Train a Dragon.


It was an tough process trying to blend the reds and greens of Skullcrushers head together; I had to go back and forth between the colors a few times.  Once I finished coloring the images I used a sentiment from the Viking's stamp set to heat emboss on red cardstock with white embossing powder and die cut it from Gina Marie's Stitched Heart stack.  I used my Cricut machine to cut a shadow piece from Grey Cardstock and used Distress Ink in Hickory smoke to blend the edges.

I hope you like my card!



No comments:

Post a Comment