Sunday, January 28, 2018

Mama Elephant: Cloud 9

Hello everyone!
Double the treat today with the blog posts.  :P  Today I will be featuring Mama Elephant's Lovely Piggies and Technique Tuesday's Cloud 9 stamp sets.  Mama Elephant released the Lovely Piggies stamp set in December, however, I was in the Christmas card making season, so I did not get a chance to play with it.  Since Valentines is coming up I thought it fitting to break it out for a card or two.

I used the second largest Gina Marie Stitched Scallop die to cut out the center of a 4.25x5.5 panel to create a scallop inside edge.  This looks a bit different from the Inside Scallop Frame die I have from Gina Marie because the scallops are reversed.  I loved the look of it.  I then lined this with my card base and tape the edges so that I could use the cloud border stencil.  The reason I lined the base with my scallop panel was because I wanted it to be one continuous scene even after I pop up the scallop panel (which I planned on doing at the end).   I used Distress Oxide in Picked Raspberry rather than Distress Ink because of how fluffy the chalkiness of the ink made it look.  I then used one of Honey Bee's Ocean Scene builder stencil to create rays of light with Distress Oxide Fossilize Amber.  Finally I used Simon Says Stamp Falling Hearts Stencil with Distress Oxide in Candied Apple to do an ombre of hearts.  I then adhered some of my images down and heat embossed my sentiment from Technique Tuesday's Cloud 9 stamp set with Versifine Onyx Black as well as Iridescent Confetti Black embossing powder.  I lined and popped up the scallop panel with the base peace and popped up my Cupid Piggie.

I hope you like my card!

No comments:

Post a Comment