Wednesday, December 6, 2017

My Favorite Things: Ski-sons Greetings

Hello everyone!
Hope your week has gone well so far.  Today I will be featuring stamps and stencils from MFT and Honey Bee Stamps.  I love stencils that you can build a scene with; Honey Bee and MFT have been releaseing awesome stencils that does this.   I used MFT’s Drift and Hills stencil as well As Honey Bee’s Outdoor Scene Builder stencils.  Honey Bee has many scene building stencils that are wonderful to use.

For this card I used MFT’s Ski-son’s Greeting stamp set.  I first stamped the images I wanted to use and Copic color the areas I would not be paper piecing.  I then used some Christmas pattern paper from my stash to stamp and fussy cut the areas I wanted to paper piece.  I ran a black marker around the edges so that it would be seamless.  After which I glued the pieces in my Copic colored image and fussy cut it.  For the background panel, I wanted it to be one layered so stencils were the best choice to add dimensions without the bulk.  I used MFT’s Drifts and Hills stencil and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink to ink blend some snow drifts.  Then I used Honey Bee’s Mountain stencil with Vintage Photo Distress Ink to ink blend the mountain.  What I love about this particular stencil is the reverse side has the shadow of the mountain so I was able to use it as a mask to ink blend my sky with Salty Ocean Distress Oxide.  I then as heard my pieces into this background panel and used an action wobble on the image of the bear who seems to be jumping off a hill. I love the action wobble.  It’s so much fun!  I hope you like what I created.



No comments:

Post a Comment