Sunday, July 10, 2016

Surprise! & 30 Day Marker Challenge

Hello Everyone! Hope your weekend is going well! I am super excited about all the new releases and crafty goodies I've been getting.  :)  Last weekend there were so many deal with 4th of July and of course MFT's 10 year anniversary release.  :)  Broke the bank, but definitely worth it.

Well first, I want to say I have been behind in the 30 Day Marker Challenge put on by Kathy Racoosin.  What a wonderful challenge!  The challenge encourages you to use all types of color mediums, sometimes mediums out of our comfort, which is awesome.  Everyday for 30 days you color anything you want and share what you have done.  :) It is currently on day 6.   It has been fun to see all the crafty people in instagram post their coloring projects.  If you want to participate and share on social media remember to #thedailymarker30days.  Also, check out Kathy's blog, The Daily Marker.

For today's card, I was inspired by Amy Lee aka The Craft Bunny, MFT design team post for their latest release (you can find her card here: Amy's MFT Day 4 Card).  I started coloring MFT's bear image yesterday.  The set is super cute!  It was also my first day participating in the 30 Day Marker Challenge (I totally forgot to put it on my instagram page though :/).  I used my copic markers as my color medium.  I totally messed up my first coloring image (colored the box top the same color as the bow; also didn't like how dark my bear was), so I stamped another image and recolored it.  I used MFT's new big balloon die-namics to die cut the balloons.



I finished the card today by using distress inks to ink blend the balloon and using stencils I made from Lawn Fawns, puffy cloud boarders, I created a cloudy background.  


When i was done with the cloudy background, I thought it was too dark and over took the card (I used Broken China distress ink, should invest in Tumbled glass for this technique, it is a softer blue).  I didn't want to throw it out, so I though using vellum would soften the clouds a little more.  Anywho, here is my card....


No comments:

Post a Comment