Saturday, July 16, 2016

So Much Cake....

Hello Everyone! I've been having a lot of fun participating in The 30 Day Marker Challenge this past week.  Trying to get as much coloring as I can while cleaning out my back room area to make room for my craft area! I'm super excited to finally get a craft area in the house instead of working in the dinning room area.  I'm sure everyone in the house would appreciate that they can finally eat on the dinner table again.  :P  It was a total mess back there, we had so many boxes.  I had to sort out everything to donate and things to throw out.  But it's almost done!

I did some coloring when I took breaks in cleaning the back room.  Of course I went back to MFT's Beary Birthday.  Those darn bears get to me; I love the Birdy Brown line from MFT.  I wanted to use my Zigges (Clean Color Real Brushes) to color them in this time.  I used Bristol Smooth paper because they work so well with the Zigs.  Here was the result of my first go around of these bears....



The coloring was just okay, the first go around.  However, there was a lack of contrast and shadows and I did not like that; so I re-colored them using a darker shadow color.  I also, re-outlined each image (Kelly Letevola does this with all her images; I can see why now); it made the images pop with the bold outline.  I felt better about them after that.  :)



So, I had these bears that I had been working on all week and  one of them needed to be put onto a card, right? I spend so much time coloring them, I didn't want it to be too busy.  I used White Pigment ink and MFT's Grid Pattern Background to create a background on dark blue card stock (to match the color of the cake).  I kept it simple, and ink blended some Shaded Lilac distress ink onto white card stock that I die cut from MFT's inside/out stax rectangles, where the bear was going to be.  I white embossed the sentiment on black card stock and cut fish tails on the end.  I popped up the bear onto the white carded with the Shaded Lilac with the sentiment.  I then popped the panel onto the Grid Pattern blue card stock.  Any who, hope you like my card.... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment