Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Hip Hip Hooray Engagement

My closest friend just got engaged this weekend to her boyfriend of 5 years so I thought I'd make her a card to congratulate her; plus it was a good excuse to use my new stamps of life stamps.  ;D

I usually do cricut cuts but decided I wanted to test out my stamping techniques.  Been watching a lot of YouTube videos from Jennifer McGuire, K. Warner, and Amy R.   For this card I used distress inks and masked off my hippos to create stacked critters.  It was a lot of fun experimenting.  I paper pieced some flowers from pattern paper and popped them up for a bit of dimension.  The card needed that because besides that it was very flat.  The outside sentiment came from the hippo2stamp from stamps of life.  The inside sentiments I used Simon Says Stamps, tilted banner sayings and My Creative Time with Emma, turn that frown upside down.

No comments:

Post a Comment