Sunday, October 1, 2017

Lawn Fawn: Give Thanks

Hello everyone!
Today I will be featuring Lawn Fawns Thankful Mice mini stamp set.  This set is super cute!  I must admit I had a bit of a hard time coming up with a layout for this card.  I've been wanting to use the stamp set since it came in last week, but I did not have a card idea for it.  Most times I purchase a stamp set because I have a few card ideas for them, but this set was so cute that I just had to get it.  Then I remembered I wanted to do a Distress Oxide/Distress Ink comparison so I figured this would be a good start to a card.  I wanted to make similar cards, but not identical cards one using the same colors of Distress Oxides the other using Distress inks (I ended up having to use and extra Distress Ink color, which I explained in the video below).


I started the card by stamping the images I wanted to use with Simon Says Intense black ink and Copic coloring them.  I did two sets of the images so that I could use the images in both cards.  I then used my circle stitched die to die cut two circles from kraft cardstock.  While I had my Big Shot out I decided to die cut Thanks using Gina Marie Designs die.  One of the Panels I layered two pieces of white cardstock below a black cardstock piece.  The other panel I used yellow fun foam and a black cardstock piece to cut the word.   I then used the circle piece as a guideline for how wide I wanted my ink blended area to be for both my cards.  I made one card 4.25x5.5in (Verticle Panel) and the other 5.5x4.25 (Horizontal Panel). I used some low tack tape to tape off the area with scraps on paper so that I would not ink up areas that should not be inked.  I used Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber, and Vintage Photo in both Oxides and Inks.  I added Mustard Seed Distress Ink to the Distress Ink Panel. Once both inked panels were done I used hemp twine to wrap around the inked panels.  I tied a bow on the horizontal card where as the vertical card I looped around the card twice.  I used the "Give" in the "Giving Thanks" sentiment.  I stamped Spiced Marmalade in Distress Oxide for both panel and missed it with water.  By misting the sentiment the Oxidation allowed the sentiment to pop a bit more.  I wanted this to be the shadow for my sentiment.  I offset the sentiment and stamped with black ink.  I went over the sentiment with black gel pen.   I then popped up the stitched circle on top of the hemp twin.  I also popped the images on top of the circle.  I glued the die cut "Thanks" to the card.

I finished the cards by using my Spectrum Nior Shimmer Pen and added some sequins to the cards.  Both cards are similar, but a bit of a change in layout.  I did a Instagram story feed about my thoughts on the Distress formulation; I uploaded this to YouTube which is shown below.  Hope you like my cards.



No comments:

Post a Comment