Sunday, March 12, 2017

MFT Sketch Challenge 323

Hello everyone!
I hope your weekend is going well thus far.  :) For today's card I thought I would do another challenge; this time for MFT's weekly Wednesday Sketch Challenge. The Sketch looks like this:
I figured with Easter coming I would do a bunny theme card, so the Somebunny stamps set by MFT came to mind.  I've never made a pattern paper from my stamp set before, but I really wanted to try.  I used the carrier from the stamp set and stamped it all over a piece of white caedstock, which I them Copic colored.  I then used a cloud background stamp I have in my stash to creat a background using Simon Says Stamp Surf Blue ink, which in die cut using stitched round rectangle dies.  I stamped and Copic colored some of the bunnies from the Somebunny stamp set to use for my card.  I then cut down the carrier "pattern" paper I made to create the larger flag.  When I was layering everything I thought the carrot background was a bit too busy so I thought by putting vellum it would mute it a bit. Then I thought to myself how am o going to adhere this vellum?  I took out my sewing machine to stitch together the vellum and carrot background.    I then heat embossed on black cardstock and white embossing powder by ranger a sentiment from the stamp set.   Here is my card for the challenge...


No comments:

Post a Comment