Tuesday, March 7, 2017

MarkerPop Challenge #115

Hello Everyone!
I just wanted to share a card I made for the MarkerPop Bi-Weekly Challenge that went up a couple of days ago.  If you are interested in taking a look at the challenge click here.  The bi-weekly challenge is a color challenge using shades of grey (monochromatic in tone with gray as the color choice), but it seems most of the design team added pops of white. When I first saw the challenge I thought about doing a black and whitesk scene, but i wanted to push myself out of doing scene cards (oh do I love doing scene cards).  Also, I wanted to use a brighter color with the grey.  When I saw the picture they used with the color combination I immediately thought red! I added some bits of red to the grey.

I first used Simon Says Stamp embossing ink to ink up my MFT Fine Chevron background stamp and used clear embossing powder to heat set it. While I had my embossing supplies out, I decided to stamp and emboss my sentiment with Ranger's White embossing powder. After I used my MISTI to stamp the images I wanted to use with Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink, which is Copic friendly because I had decided to Copic color my images.  I fussy cut all my images as I do not have the dies for the stamp set I used, which was MFT's Recipe for Happiness.  Once that was done I  laid out my images to where I wanted it to go and distressed my background with hickory smoke ink.  I decided that my sentiment needed fishtails, so I cut the ends into fishtail.  I finished off with silver and clear sequin, which silver mini stars.

Here is my finished card:



WoHooooo I made it to the Top 3 on MarkerPOP Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment