Saturday, August 6, 2016

MFT Sketch 292

Hello Everyone! :)  I've been wanting to enter in some card challenges, but have been intimidated by all the the beautiful cards.  Also, I'm a very free flowing card maker, so its hard for me to come up with ideas when there are criteria (I'm trying to work on this).  I think I've mentioned before I usually don't have an idea of what I am going to create going into making a card, it usually just comes to me as I work, which makes for a very long process.  I pull inspiration as I create.  However, I want to challenge and push myself out of my comfort zone, I also really want to reduce the amount of time I spend making a card and having a direction before beginning a card could help. I think Challenges can help organize my creative process.  :P

The card I  made is for the MFT Sketch 292 Challenge.  MFT has Sketch Challenges every Wednesdays; they also have other challenges throughout the week as well.  Here is the sketch:


When I saw the sketch I was just about to give up on it as I do not have square frames or any square dies, but I made it work and experimented with what I had.  I used Gina Marie Designs: Scalloped rectangle die.  I measured a 4x4 square and partially cut the rectangle die on one end and match the die up to the grooves to the other end to create a square.  I of course did this on scratch paper first and when I got it right I die cut it on my white card stock.  I wanted to create a frame from the die cut so I lightly outline the inside of the square to use an xacto-knife to cut out.  After which I put the frame on my base to trace the inside square so I knew where I wanted my scene to be.  I used MFT's Sketch Blooms stamp set as well as various colors of Simon Says Stamps inks to create a flower scene.  I then used salty ocean distress ink to ink the background of the square.  I then placed the square frame onto the card.  I felt there was something missing; I've been wanting to use BB Adorable Elephants and thought this would be a great time to break it out.  I Copic colored one of the elephant images as well as a butterfly.  Once the coloring was done I popped the elephant up with foam tape and added some sequins.  The sentiment comes from My Creative Time with Emma: You Are Fabulous.  Anywho, is my card...



No comments:

Post a Comment