Monday, August 1, 2016

Markerpop Challenge: Create a Scene (Art Impressions: His/Her Campers)

Hello Again! :) Trying to get my blog updated with the previous cards I made.  I spent the week with my sister and her kids, so it was a bit hard to get my cards up on the blog.  Love spending time with my nieces and nephew, was able to visit my brother and his family as well.  My sister, sister-in-law, and I made some time to work out one morning before the kids woke up.  We went to a place called Orange Theory, which uses interval training consisting of rowing, treadmill, and weights.  Oh man, did that place kick my butt.  It was a lot of fun though and boy did I get a burst of energy after that.  (I wish I could put emoji's on here, would totally insert some sort of exercise emoji :P.) Well I have digressed from my card for the Markerpop Challenge.

Markerpop has a biweekly challenge on their blog; each challenge there is a theme and this biweekly theme was Create a Scene. I used my Art Impressions stamps and chose His/Her Campers to create a scene.   I wanted to do a one layer card so I had to decide on a layout as there is not much leeway in moving images around with a one layer card.  I choose to stamp the dog first, then created a mask for the dog so that my lady would not overlap the dog, once the lady was stamped, I also created a mask her her to stamp the camper in the background.  I also created a mask for the camper for later use (I wanted to create a distress background).  I used my copic markers to color the images in.

After coloring the images, I used all the masks I made for the images so that I could create the background using distress inks.  I realized I needed another mask for an area in front of the camper where I wanted dirt to be so I hand drew a mask for it.

For the bottom area, I created a grassy area by first inking with twisted citron, then I used cut  outs of MFT Grassy boarder to distress on grass with mowed lawn.  I then made a cloudy sky using Lawn Fawn Puffy Dies (I have stencils made for these as well as the grassy boarder).  I then used gathered twigs to create the dirt area in front the camper.  Once i was done distressing my background, I took off all the masks.  I thought the dirt needed a little more texture, so I used a Copic marker to create the texture dirt.  Anywho, here is my finished card for the Markerpop Challenge...

Update 8/9/16
I had so much fun creating this scene for the challenge and did not think I would be chosen for TOP 3! I was super surprised to find out my card was Top 3.  Super happy right now!

WoHooooo I made it to the Top 3 on MarkerPOP Blog


  1. This is Fabulous!!! I love how you created the background and showed the steps, Great coloring. Thanks for joining us at markerpop!

  2. Thank you Holly! I had such a fun time creating this scene for the challenge. :)