Saturday, November 19, 2016

Birthday Fun!

Hello everyone! I have been doing a horrible job at keeping up with my blog :(.  I really need to improve on it because I do like sharing my process in making cards.  I find inspiration from many of the marvelous card makers out there through reading their blogs, Instagram, and other Social Media posts.

 I have two cards to share today, one I made a two weeks ago for a co-worker's birthday and another for one of my closest friends.  Both cards I mainly used MFT products.  I had a bit of a brain fart when I was trying to come up with a card for my co-worker, so my color combination is a bit off :/, but I made it work.  I used MFT Myrid Background to do a emboss resist technique for the background using Versa Mark ink and Rangers detail white embossing powder.  I then ink blended cracked pistachio onto the background.  I Copic colored and fussy cut the images, MFT Beary Birthday (the bear) and Lawn Fawn Cheery Christmas (the presents) for my card.  The sentiments I used came from the Beary Birthday stamp set as well as Amy R's sentiment, which I embossed onto vellum.   Here is the card...

This next card I made for a close friend of mine. :) I used MFT's Adorable Elephants for the main images.  I choose this set specifically for the tiny butterfly as my friend loves butterflies.  I created a grassy boarder stencil using MFT's Grassy Boarder dies and ink blended a  hill using distress ink in colors Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron.  I used the negative side of my stencil to mask my grassy hill so that I could ink blend the sky with Salty Ocean.  I Copic colored the images I used for the card.  The sentiment I used came from the stamp set, which I embossed onto black cardstock.  Anywho, here is my card...

I hope you like the cards I shared today.  Currently, I am working on a series of mini-cards for Christmas, so far i have 17 mini-cards made.  Once they are done I will share parts of the process, as there are too many of them to share how I made all of them.  If you would like to see them check out my Instagram page: Smiles Crafty Cardz Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment